Zopo, the Chinese smart phone manufacturer is one of the first to unveil a Phone based on MediaTek’s true Octa Core Chipset named the Zopo ZP998. The phone is expected to be priced at $299 which comes to Rs 18,500 Approx.
Considering the price tag, Zop ZP998 has top of the line specifications. The device features a 5.5- Full HD IPS display with 401ppi Pixel density. Display also features Low Temperature Poly Silicon Technology. Phone will feature the most talked about MediaTek MTK6592 True Octa Core Chipset Clocked in 1.7GHz alongside Mali450 GPU clocked in at 700MHz. This new chipset is 4G capable and delivers performance somewhat similar to Exynos Processors.
Zopo ZP998 comes with 2GB of RAM which makes multi-tasking lag free and runs on Android 4.2 Jelly Bean which will be upgradable to Android 4.4 Kit Kat in future. Device comes in two storage variants of 16GB and 32GB, both further expandable to 64GB via MicroSD card.
This Smartphone will feature 5Mega Pixel front facing camera and a 14 Mega Pixel Rear shooter. It is interesting to note that, it has a unique camera with F/2.0 Aperture lens capable of taking real life images with low noise and better colour reproduction. The device has 2400 mAh battery which will power the device for long hours of talking and entertainment. As far as connectivity is concerned, Zopo ZP998 supports 4G connectivity along with usual features like Wi-Fi, Wi-Fi Direct, MicrUSB OTG, Bluetooth 4 etc.
Let us take a look the Key Featurs
Zopo ZP998 Key Features
- Dimensions: 151.4 x 76.1 x 9.1 mm
- Weight: 150 Grams (including Battery)
- Display: 5.5-Inch Full HD IPS Display, 1920 x 1080 Pixel Resolution, 401ppi Pixel Desnsity, Low Temperature Poly Silicon Technology
- CPU: 1.7 GHz, True 8 Core Processor, MediaTek MTK6592 Chipset
- GPU: Mali450 Clocked at 700 MHz
- RAM: 2GB
- Storage: 16GB / 32GB (Both expandable up to 64GB via MicroSD Card Slot)
- Front Camera: 5 Mega Pixels
- Rear Camera: 14 Mega Pixels, F/2.0 aperture
- Battery: 2400 mAh
- Connectivity: 2G, 3G, 4G, Wi-Fi 5GHz, Wi-Fi Direct, Wi-Fi Display, MicroUSB, OTG, NFC, Bluetooth V4.0 LE