Yahoo announcements at CES 2014
Yahoo today at CES 2014 Tech Fair unveiled variety of new Products / Applications for Web, Smartphones, Tablets and TV’s. Marissa Mayer, Yahoo’s CEO unveiled the company’s vision into understanding the User’s daily habits and its betterment.
“Yahoo is about making the world’s daily habits inspiring and entertaining, and there are few places as inspiring and entertaining as CES”. “We have been hard at work re-imagining Yahoo’s core businesses across search, communications, media and video – all powered by two powerful platforms, Flickr and Tumblr. The response has been tremendous. This fall, for the first time ever, we surpassed 400 million monthly mobile users, which is about half of our 800 million total monthly users.” said Marissa Mayer.
- Yahoo today announced that it has acquired AVIATE, a product that understands the daily habits of users and in turn makes the Android Devices smarter by improving the interactive experience. AVIATE will automatically gather information on using that will auto-categorize the Application on Android Devices. AVIATE is currently in private Beta Stage and is expected to be officially out in 2014.
- Next in line for Yahoo Announcements is Yahoo News Digest mainly for iPhone and iPod Touch. It delivers the most important news, twice a day, on Mobile devices in a summarized manner. The application is built using insight from Summly. It will alert users when the news is ready to be read.
- Yahoo Tech and Yahoo Food are the next in Yahoo Announcements. Yahoo Food will give out free surprise recipes and all one needs to know like food trends, cooking techniques etc. Yahoo Tech will bring overview on best products to buy, Tutorials etc. majorly concentrating on Technology side. Both the Websites are made keeping in mind the portability/viewable amongst mobile devices as well.
- Yahoo has announced three new Products as well
- Yahoo Ad Exchange – to give premium publishers more control / visibility on advertisements
- Yahoo Audience Ads – the improved way to buy targeted audience specific advertisements
- Yahoo Ad Manager – a buying platform that gives out direct access to advertisers to yahoo advertising products.