Xiaomi Redmi 3S and Redmi 3S prime launched in India
Xiaomi has launched the Redmi 3S and Redmi 3S Prime smartphones in India. Both the smartphones features similar specifications. They have full metal magnesium ally uni-body design.
Both the smartphones have a 5-Inch 720p display, Octa Core Snapdragon 430 processor and Adreno 505 GPU. The Redmi 3S comes with 2GB RAM / 16GB storage (eMMC5.0) while the Redmi 3S prime houses 3GB RAM / 32GB (eMMC5.1) storage.
Both the smartphones runs on Android 6.0 OS with MIUI 7. They have 5MP front camera and 13MP primary snapper at the back with PDAF support. The Redmi 3S houses finger print sensor. 4G VoLTE is also supported in both the phones.
Xiaomi Redmi 3S / Redmi 3S Prime Specifications
- Dimensions: 139.3 x 69.6 x 8.5 mm / Weight: 144 grams
- Hybrid Dual SIM (Micro + Nano ? microSD)
- Android 6.0 Marshmallow based MIUI7
- Infrared Sensor, Fingerprint Senesor (only in 3S Prime)
- 5-Inch IPS display, 1280 x 720 pixels resolution, multi-touch
- (1.2GHz x 4 + 1.5GHz x 4) Cortex A53 Octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 430 64-Bit processor, Adreno 505 GPU.
- 2GB LPDDR3 RAM (Redmi 3S) / 3BG LPDDR3 RAM (Redmi 3S Prime)
- 16GB eMMC 5.0 Storage (3S) / 32GB eMMC 5.1 Storage (3S Prime), Both expandable up to 128GB using MicroSD Card
- 5MP front camera, F/2.2 Aperture, 1080p video recording
- 13MP rear camera, F/2.0 Aperture, PDAF, LED Flash, 1080p video recording
- 4000 mAh / 4100 mAh (typical) Battery
- 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Wi-Fi Hotspot, Bluetooth 4.1, GPS + GLONASS, MicroUSB V2.0, 3.5mm Audio Jack
The Xiaomi Redmi 3S is priced at 6,999 (Flipkart) and comes in Silver, gold and Dark Grey colors. On the Redmi 3S prime with 3GB RAM / 32GB storage costs Rs. 8,999 (Flipkart). Both the smartphones will be available online exclusively from Flipkart and Mi.com via open sales. It will be available form August 9, 2016 and August 16, 2016 respectively.
Hugo Barra, Vice President, Xiaomi, said –
I am thrilled to be introducing a Redmi device today and once again change the game in the sub-10k smartphone industry in India. Redmi 3S packs a punch with a large 4100 mAh battery that easily powers through two days of usage on a single charge, and is the first smartphone in India powered by the Qualcomm Snapdragon 430 octa-core processor. Coupled with an amazing 13MP camera built into a premium metal finish body, we believe that Mi fans will love Redmi 3S and Redmi 3S Prime for their amazing features at simply incredible prices.