Qualcomm has announced its latest Snapdragon Wear 2100 system-on-chip (SoC) along with new Snapdragon Wear platform. The SoC comes in two variants of Tethered (Bluetooth / Wi-Fi) and connected (4G-LTE / 3G).
The Snapdragon Wear 2100 is somewhat similar to Snapdragon 400 but has 25% lower power consumption. It also has low power sensor hub that enables richer algorithms. Moreover, the chipset is smaller, thinner and sleek, perfect for smartwatches.
Qualcomm Snapdragon Wear 2100 Specifications
- 1.2GHz Quad Core Cortex-A7
- Qualcomm Adreno 304 GPU with OpenGL ES 3.0
- Qualcomm Quick Charge 2.0
- Integrated modem DSP shared for modem, GNSS, Sensor processing, Keyword detection and Audio
- Up to 640 x 480 displays at 60 Fps
- 400 MHz LPDDR3 memory, eMMC 4.5 Storage
- X5 LTE Modem Global Mode: LTE-FDD and TDD, WCDMA (DC-HSDPA, DC-HSUPA), TD-SCDMA, EV-DO and CDMA 1X , GSM/EDGE
- Wi-Fi 802.11 b (2.4GHz), NFC, Bluetooth V4.1, Bluetooth LE, USB 2.0
Moreover, LG and Qualcomm have come together and are already working on releasing new Smartwatches and other wearables later this year. This platform is not just limited to smartwatches but can also fluently handle Sports watches, connected headsets, trackers and bands.