NVIDIA has announced a powerful Super Chipset for Mobile dubbed as the Nvidia Tegra X1 at CES 2015, Las Vegas. It is successor to Tegra K1 chip that came last year.
The Tegra X1 Chipset boasts better CPU and GPU performance at 10 watts power usage. It has 8 Core CPU which makes of Quad Core Cortex-A57 cores along with Quad Core Cortex-A53 Cores.
The Graphics Processing Unit is made up using Nvidia’s Maxwell architecture that boasts 256 GPU cores. The chip also supports DirectX-12, OpenGL 4.4, Nvidia CUDA, Android extension pack etc.
The Tegra X1 chip is powerful enough to handle 4K video at 60 FPS and 1 Teraflop of throughput.
Nvidia Tegra X1 – Key Specs
- Display: 4K x 2K @ 60 Hz, 1080p @ 120 Hz, HDMI 2.0 @ 60 Fps, HDCP 2.2
- CPU: Quad Core Cortex-A57 with 2MB L2 + Quad Core Cortex-A53 with 512KB L2 – 8 Core CPU
- GPU: Nvidia Maxwell 256 Core GPU, DX-12, OpenGL 4.4, OpenGL ES 3.1, AEP, Nvidia CUDA
- Power: 20nm SOC with Isolated Power Rails, 4th-Gen Cluster Switching
- Video: H.265, H.264, VP9 (4K Video @ 60 Fps)