“Nokia Lumia Black updates the imaging experiences on your Lumia and makes using the Windows Phone even more fluid. New App Folders and the ability to close apps in multitasker are my personal favourites. I also encourage everyone to try out the Nokia Refocus app that introduces a whole new dimension to photography,” says Samuli Hänninen, vice president of software program management for Nokia’s Smart Devices business.
Lumia Black Update Features
- App Folder: This new feature helps organizing Applications on Start Screen by Grouping similar Applications / Settings in on folder.
- Bluetooth LE: Nokia Lumia Black update will now enable Bluetooth LE compatibility across full Windows Phone 8 Gadgets / Accessories
- Nokia Glance Screen 2.0 This feature is mainly shows of the notifications of Messages, Calles, Emails, Calendar, Facebook, Whatsapp, Twitter etc. on the Lock Screen which in turn saves time.
- Nokia Refocus: This features is only for Nokia Lumia phones with 1GB of Ram or More. As the name suggests, it focuses on a particular object in an photo.
- Nokia Beamer: With the Lumia Black Update, Users can now share documents, Presentations, HTML5 Enabled screens, virtually anything using the Nokia Beamer. The update removes the restriction of beaming just photos. Phones with 1GB or More RAM will get this feature.
- Nokia Storyteller: The feature from Nokia Lumia 1520 and 2520 is coming to all the Lumia Devices. This application re-arranges the photos according to date, Time and Place. It becomes easy to create Photo albums with Map integration which will show when and where the Photo was clicked.
- Nokia Camera: All the Nokia Lumia users can now get Nokia Camera Application (Previously available for Nokia PureView phones) after the Lumia Black Update. IT adds raw DNG support to Lumia 1020 phones.
- Improvements in Safe driving Mode. One can also Close applications from Multi-tasking view.
Nokia Phones eligible for Lumia Black Update
- Nokia Lumia 1020
- Nokia Lumia 925
- Nokia Lumia 920
- Nokia Lumia 820
- Nokia Lumia 720
- Nokia Lumia 625
- Nokia Lumia 620
- Nokia Lumia 520
Lumia Black Update Video
How to receive Lumia Black Update
Usually Nokia Lumia Phones will automatically detect the update when available. To manually Check, One can go to Settings > Phone Update and check for update. Once the update becomes available, one can download it.