MediaTek is no longer a small Chipset manufacturer. The company today announced MT6795 Chipset for mobiles with true Octa Core 64-Bit Processor with LTE support. The MediaTek MT6795 will carter the needs of Power and Mainstream users while its cousin the MT6732 will be for entry level segments.
The MT6795 SOC mainly targets the premium segment of smartphones with clock speeds up to 2.2GHz. It has dual Channel LPDDR3 support clocked at 933MHz. It is more than capable of supporting 120Hz Displays and taking 1080p videos at 480 Frames per second and take full HD Super Slow motion videos.
As the world moves to 4G-LTE connectivity, MediaTek MT6795 brings the native 4G-LTE support. The combination of CorePilot Technology along with 64-Bit Processors will allow the SOC to embrace the blazing speeds. The SOC’s will be commercially available buy the end of 2014 for the OEMs.
[signoff icon=”commented”]Jeffrey Ju, General Manager of MediaTek Smartphone Business Unit on the announcement commented, “MediaTek has once again demonstrated leading engineering capabilities by delivering breakthrough technology and time-to-market advantage that enable limitless opportunities for our partners and end users, while setting the bar even higher for our competition. With a complete and inclusive 64-bit LTE SoC product portfolio, we are firmly on track to lead the industry in delivering premium mobile user experiences for years to come.”[/signoff]
MediaTek MT6795 Features
- 8 ARM Cortex-A53 64-bitCPUs clocked up to 2.2 GHz per core
- Integrated Imagination Technologies PowerVR Series6 GPU
- MediaTek CorePilot unlocks the full power of all eight cores
- Dual-channel LPDDR3 memory clocked at 933MHz
- 2K on device display (2560×1600)
- 20MP camera ISP capability
- 120Hz mobile display with ClearMotion and Response Time Enhancement Technology
- 480fps 1080p Full HD Super-Slow Motion video recording and playback
- H.265 Ultra HD (4K2K) video record & playback
- Ultra HD video playback support for H.264 & VP9
- Integrated 4G LTE Multi-Mode Modem Rel. 9, Category 4 FDD and TDD LTE with data rates up to 150Mbits/s downlink and 50Mbits/s uplink
- Support for Wi-Fi 802.11ac/Bluetooth/FM/GPS/Glonass/Beidou/ANT+
- Multi-mode wireless charging supported by MediaTek’s companion multi-mode wireless power receiver IC