MediaTek a pioneer Systems on Chip maker has launched the Helio X20, worlds first mobile Soc that features Tri-Cluster CPU Architecture. The chipset is expected to be available for consumers products by the end of the year 2015.
It has 10 processing cores (Deca-Core) high end computing performance coupled with unmatched with power efficiency. The SoC has three processor clusters, of one cluster consists of two ARM Cortex-A72 Core running at 2.5GHz for extreme performance. The second two clusters are of four (Quad) 2GHz ARM Cortex-A53 cores for moderate power. The remaining makes up of 1.4GHz Cores for light performance.
MediaTek Helio X20 Chipset integrates worldMode Category 6 LTE modem and has upgraded CorePilot 3.0 advance scheduling algorithm for CPU’s and GPU’s. The chipset is designed to attain the optimum performance yet reducing the thermal effects. The SoC is also claimed to consume 30% less power than the dual cluster architecture.
[wpsm_quote author=”Jeffrey Ju, Senior Vice President of MediaTek” float=”left” width=”100%”]By leading with mobile CPU architecture and multimedia innovation, MediaTek continues to push the envelope of power efficiency and peak performance, We are excited to see device manufacturers raise the bar — in camera, display, audio and other consumer features. MediaTek has been adding innovative multimedia features to our platforms since the very beginning, enhancing the overall computing and multimedia experience as part of our strategy to put leading technology into the hands of everyone.[/wpsm_quote]
MediaTek Helio X20 SoC Features, Specs Include –
- Supports 32 Mega Pixels Camera @ 24 Fps / 25 Mega Pixels @ 30 Fps
- 30% power improvements
- Dual main cameras with built-in 3D depth engine for faster shot-to-shot experience, allowing Complex depth-of-field images.
- Supports Display Resolution of WQXGA 2560 x 1600 @ 60 Fps / 1920 x 1080 @ 120 Fps
- Tri-Cluster 10 Core Architecture
- ARM GPU MP4 at 700MHz (40% increased performance)
- 120Hz Mobile Display with responsive browsing and motion viewing.
- Multi-Scale De-noise engines for high quality images, color accuracy and sharpness.
- Support for ARM Cortex-M4 Integrated low power Sensor Processor
- Improved UI and Gaming Performance
- 4Kx2K Video Playback with 10-bit color depth
- World-mode modem for all markets.
- LTE FDD/TDD R11 Cat-6 (300Mbps/50Mbps)
- Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, GPS/GLONASS/Beidou, FM