MediaTek Helio P10 – latest P Series SoC launched
MediaTek, a leading SoC maker has launched the MediaTek Helio P10 SoC. It is a high performance chipset aimed at premium devices with slim design. MediaTek Helio P10 will be released in Q3 2015 and is expected to be available in consumer products in late 2015.
The P series will provide OEM smartphone makers with greater design flexibility to meet consumer demands for slim form-factors, which provide dynamic multimedia experiences, The P10 enables state-of-the-art mobile computing and multimedia features all while balancing performance and battery life.Jeffrey Ju, Senior Vice President of MediaTek
We are pleased to see MediaTek’s achievement in producing the world’s leading 28HPC+ smartphone chip, As an enhanced version of TSMC’s 28HPC process, 28HPC+ promises 15% better speed at fixed power or 50% leakage reduction at the same speed over 28HPC. Through our competitive 28HPC+ technology and process-design collaboration with MediaTek, we believe MediaTek will deliver a series of products which benefit smartphone users across the world.Dr. BJ Woo, Vice President, Business Development, TSMC
Helio P10 SoC Specifications
The chips is equipped with world’s first TrueBright ISP engine and Mira Vision 2.0 for enhanced display experience. It also has WorldMode LTE Cat6 Support (300Mbps / 50 Mbps). The CPU and GPU performance is further optimized with CorePilot, an advance task scheduling algorithm for proper load balancing.
The Chip uses TSMC’s 28nm HPC+ process which reduces power consumption. It can save up to 30% more power than the existing SoC’s manufactured with the same process.
Helio P10 SoC Features:
- 2GHz True Octa Core 64-Bit Cortex-A53 CPU / Dual Core 64-Bit Mali-T860 GPU @ 700 MHz
- 21 Mega Pixels Premius Camera with TrueBright ISP engine
- Enables ultra-sensitive RWWB Sensor that captures twice more light, retains true color and details even in low light conditions
- New de-noise / de-mosaic HW, PDAF, Video iHDR, Dual Main Camera, Less than 200ms shot-to-shot delay, video face beautify
- Hi-Fidelity, Hi-Clarity audio that achieves 110dB SNR & -95dB THD
- Full HD display at 60FPS with MediaTek MiraVision 2.0 Technologies
- Ultra Dimming for comfortable reading in low light situations
- BluLight Defender Filter for enhanced power saving
- Aadaptive picture quality