If you are looking for a simplified Android experience on a smartphone than Kodak IM5 is just for you. Kodak has launched its IM5 Mobile Phone at CES 2015 held at Las Vegas. The phone comes in White and Black color option and will carry price tag of US$ 249 which converts to Rs. 15,800. The handset will initially roll out in Europe by the end of Q1 2015.
Kodak IM5 – Key Features
The phone weights at 120 Grams and comes with Dual SIM slots. It runs on Android 4.4 Kit Kat however, company has promised an update to Android 5.0 Lollipop update later this year.
The Kodak IM5 sports a 5-Inch IPS Display with HD Resolution of 1280 x 720 Pixels and supports Multi-touch. Under the hood is a 1.7Ghz Octa Core MediaTek MT6592 Processor, Mali GPu and 1GB of RAM. Internally there is 8GB of internal storage which is further expandable up to 32Gb via MicroSD card slot.
On the software front, the smartphone has a Simple interface that allows easy access to most used functions like calling, Contacts, Messaging and Camera. It also has a unique management software that allows quick editing of photos .
As we are talking about photography, its worth noting that the Kodak IM5 comes with a 5 Mega Pixel selfie camera on the front along with 13 Mega Pixel main snapper on the back with LED Flash and Auto Focus capabilities.
It will have all the major connectivity options as well like Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth V4.0, MicroUSB v2.0, A-GPS, 3.5mm Audio Jack etc.
Kodak IM5 – Key Specs
- Dual SIM, Dual Standby
- 120 Grams Weight
- Android 4.4 KitKat OS, Upgradable to Android 5.0 Lollipop
- 5-Inch IPS Capacitive Display, 1280 x 720 Pixels Resolution, Multi-Touch
- 1.7GHz Octa Core MediaTek MT6592 Processor / ARM Mali GPU
- 1GB RAM
- 8GB Built-in Storage, Expandable up to 32GB via MicroSD Card
- 5 Mega Pixels Front Camera
- 13 Mega Pixels Rear Camera with LED flash, Auto Focus
- Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth, MicroUSB v2.0, A-GPS, 3.5mm Audio jack