Apple iPhone 5C 8G launched in India. Is it worth at Rs 37,500?
Apple has some high hopes for India, the company has Officially launched the iPhone 5C 8GB variant in India. So called the budget iPhone has been priced on the upper side at Rs. 37,500. The device will be made available nation wide in couple of days.
As an early limited time launch offer, Apple will also be offering discount of Rs. 3,000 along with free iPhone 5C Case worth Rs. 2,300. There are also talks suggesting that Apple might unveil buy back offers as well making a phone slightly more cheaper.
Is Apple iPhone 5C 8GB really worth it?
Most would think that, looking at the at price tag and the hardware specifications offered. Pricing is a major factor when it comes to India. Even after considering the initial discount, the handset would be priced at Rs. 34,500. Interestingly, iPhone 5C 16GB variant is available in India for Rs. 34,400 via Infibeam and Rs. 34,996 on Snapdeal.
iPhones are the symbols of style and status. The Apple iPhone 5C is made up using the polycarbonate plastic, which is totally opposite to usual impression. Plus the downgraded hardware at a premium price rage when compared to iPhone 5S is a disappointment.
Most of the premium Android based handsets like Galaxy S5 are available at a price range of Rs. 40,000. One might wonder as to why, a person would buy a downgraded iPhone 5C against a high end Android Flagship?
At the end, it all revolves around the pricing as we repeat again and again.
Apple iPhone 5C 8GB Features
- 124.4 x 59.2 x 8.97 mm / 132 Grams Weight
- 4-Inch Retina Display, 1136 x 640 Pixels Resolution, 326ppi Pixel Density
- Apple A6 Chipset
- 1.2 Mega Pixels Front camera, 720p Video Recording
- 8 Mega Pixels Rear camera with f/2.4 aperture, Sapphire crystal lens cover, LED Flash, Backside illumination sensor, Five Element Lens, 1080p Video Recording etc.
- 8GB non expandable storage (16GB / 32GB options also available)
- 2G, 3G, 4G-LTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n, Bluetooth V4.0, GPS with GLONASS
- Built-in Lithium Ion Battery – 10 Hours of 3G Talk Time.
- Accelerometer, Proximity Sensor, Ambient Light sensor, Three Axis Gyro Sensor